1. Go the long way: Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park further away in the parking lot, or get off the bus one stop earlier.
2. Nix the shopping cart: Carry a basket or your own bags in the grocery store.
3. Email or call less: As tempting and easy as it is to email, call or text as a means to communicate instead walk over and have a face to face.
4. Stand and flex: While waiting in line flex your ab muscles for 10 seconds, release and repeat.
5. Speed walk: Speed up your walking when running errands or walking in general.
6. Dance: Crank up the music while you are cooking, cleaning, or doing other chores and shake it like no one is watching
7. Alarm: Set your phone to go off every hour to get up, stretch and do some isometric exercises.
8. Sit smarter: Ditch your office chair for a stability ball.
9. Walk the talk: Take your phone calls standing up and pace while talking.
10. Skip the DVR: Although we have the luxury to avoid commercials, you can use them to your advantage. If you have a favorite show you have to watch get up during the commercials and run in place, stretch, plank, or just dance and be goofy.